This NGO was created in 1994 to help the Quechua population who migrate from the campaign to the neighborhood of « Villa Armonia », in Sucre. This association has 80 children who are separated in 3 educative centers and 3 child-care centers.
This association leads different projects to improve the everyday life of those families. Today the association allowed to any volunteers to engage themselves in solidarity, even in short term. This NGO has 12 employees.
What social impact?
The NGO contributes to improve the life of children, teenagers, of young people and women in the north zone of Sucre, which are socially and economically disadvantaged through a program of education and health very complete.
- Improving the education of children thanks to tutoring in 3 centers and to furnish a good diet thanks to the canteen.
- Developing physical, social and psychological aspects of children under 6 years old by supervising them in the 3 child-care centers.
- Reinforcing familial integration of the children by visiting families at their home
- Improving health care condition by campaign of prevention, promotion, and awareness and in the meantime by furnishing dental assistance and regular’s cares.
- Organizing sport activities and competitions
- Teaching worker tasks to young men and women in technical workshop to allow them to get a job.
« Education is a big issue, fathers are usually absent » Karen.
Volunteers works around 7h/day (5 days/week).
There is a possibility of accommodation in the NGO’s house with others volunteers (kitchen+ restroom).