This Foundation is a home for 50 Thai children whose families are not socially/economically able to look after. This NGO is a second family and a house for those kids (from 4 to 18 years old).
The foundation provides them love, a good academic environment, and a holistic life- style (meditation, healthy food, physical & mental development....).
The NGO also helps the local community through an eye-care program and a vaccination program that helps the people of Sanglaburi.
The association has 8 full-time workers and welcomes about 5 volunteers/month.
Volunteers choose what they want to do among the following tasks:
- Teaching both English and Art
- Extra-scholar activities with the kids like sport, games, life training, and yoga
- Everyday the kids go to school with a local bus. The volunteer is invited to join them to teach or to stay at Baan Dada and work with the managers
- Cultivate in the vegetables garden
- Office management: fundraising, communication, etc.
- Helping with maintenance such as cooking and cleaning
- A minimum level of English is expected to communicate with the kids
It's essential for us that you see our NGO as a family. As living in family, there are rules to respect to keep the love inside the NGO:
- No alcohol and no smoking inside the NGO.
- The food is always vegetarian but there is a fridge in the volunteers’ house.
- We, as an NGO, can organize activities for the volunteers if they want. (for instance meditation or yoga sessions)
The volunteer can sleep in a hostel in Sangklaburi if he wants to go out in the weekend.
There'll be one day off in the weekend.
If you are looking for a truly human experience and that you are not afraid of living your comfort zone, this place is for you!
«Volunteering in here is not holidays», Dada P.